We demonstrate by our word and actions that “Protecting our people and business from harm” is a value.
Acting with integrity, professional ethics and continuous improvement.
Towards people, laws and the environment.
Fulfilling our commitments in time and form with results.
Grupo Mexico is a transnational mining company with operations in the U.S., Mexico and Peru. ASARCO (American Smelting and Refining Company), the U.S. based subsidiary of Grupo Mexico, is an integrated copper mining, smelting and refining company with approximately 1,700 employees.
The company operates three mines, associated mills and smelter in Arizona and a refinery complex in Texas, which includes plants that produce copper cathode & rod.
At ASARCO, part of Grupo Mexico, we know that results can only be achieved through the effort and dedication of our people, which is why we always seek to attract, develop and retain the best talent.
It is the mission of ASARCO to become a globally competitive, low cost, high quality metals producer, recognized for its leadership and high standards in employee morale and involvement, customer satisfaction and technology development, with the goal of continuously improving performance, providing solid returns to our shareholders and positively impacting the communities in which we operate.
• We envision a Company that is innovative and committed to excellence.
• An organization whose employees are empowered, well trained and effective at their jobs, who are continually challenged and have a high degree of job satisfaction.
• A management team that provides strong leadership, has foresight and communicates effectively.
• A metals producer that makes intelligent investments in its employees, equipment and technology in order to maintain a strategic position in the industry for years to come.
• A company that has zero tolerance for actions that would negatively impact the safety of its employees, the environment, the community in which we live, and the quality of the products which we produce.